Helpful Tips For Power Outages
Recently at 2:30am with a loud KABOOM bip - bop - zip the power was out... Of course we both jumped, scared us out of a deep sleep. My husband reaches over and grabs his handy dandy miniature flash light and with one click there was light. Half asleep trying to figure out what was going on, we agreed it was a electric transformer that blew. I go to get the phone and remember we have no power, the cordless phone is not going to work. Start trying to remember where the cell phone is, found the phone number and called the power company, while lighting candles. It was then that I started to reminisce about hurricane Gene and being without power for twelve days. We learned allot about being without power and some simple things that make a huge difference.
1. Keep a power outage kit readily available that containing batteries, flashlights, candles, candle holders, manual can opener and a corded phone.
2. Keep a miniature flashlight in your night stand in case the power goes out in the middle of the night
3. Power Inverter power inverters are great keep them charged all the time. In a power outage they contain 2 plugs that will run a small appliance, small fan, even a Nebulizer for asthmatics. They also contain a light, jumper cables & an air pump.
4. A mirror placed behind a candle doubles the amount of light it gives off.
5. Generators are a wonderful idea for a back up plan be careful only use a generator outside. When severe storms knock out power for a length of time there is nothing like having a generator to run your refrigerator, watch TV, run a fan, crock pot or coffee maker.
6. Propane or charcoal grill either of these are a good idea for cooking.
Thank you for visiting! Any power outage ideas or tips? Please comment and share.
Please like us on Face book
Follow us on Twitter
Stop by and say hi on Merchant Circle